Off-Host Backup proxy servers will retrieve VM data from the source datastore, process it and transfer it to the destination. The off-host backup proxy removes unwanted overhead on the production Hyper-V host.
1. Login to the Veeam Backup and replication manager server.
2. Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console and click Connect.
3. On the Home page, select Backup Infrastructure.
4. On the Backup Infrastructure page, select Backup Proxies.
5. Right-click Backup Proxies and select Add proxy.
6. Select Hyper-V off-host backup proxy on the Add Backup Proxy page.
7. Click Add New in the Choose server field on the Server page.
8. Enter the Microsoft Windows server’s full DNS name or IP address on the Name page.
9. Give a brief description in the Description field for future reference and click Next.
10. Select an account from the Credentials drop-down list on the Credentials page or click Add on the right to add the credentials.
11. On the Credentials page, enter a username in the Username field. You also can click Browse to select an existing user account.
12. Enter the password In the Password field.
13. Give a brief description in the Description field for future reference and click OK.
14. On the Credentials page, click Ports.
15. If necessary, change the network ports used by Veeam Backup & Replication components on the Network Settings page.
16. Configure connection settings for file copy operations in the Network Settings window’s Data transfer options section. Provide a set of ports for transmission channels between the source and target hosts (one port per task).
17. Select the Run server on this side checkbox in the Preferred TCP connection role section. The outside client cannot connect to the server on the NAT network in the NAT scenario. As a result, services that require external connection initiation may be disrupted.
18. Click OK.
19. Click Next on the Credentials page.
20. Click Apply on the Review page.
21. On the Apply page, click Next.
22. Click Finish on the Summary page.
23. Give a brief description in the Proxy description field for future reference.
24. In the Connected volumes field, leave the default settings.
25. Enter the number of tasks the off-host backup proxy must handle concurrently in the Max concurrent tasks field.
26. Click Next.
27. On the Traffic Rules page, click Next.
28. You can open global network traffic settings and modify them directly from the New Hyper-V Off-Host Proxy wizard. To do this, click the Manage network traffic rules link at the bottom of the wizard.
29. Click Apply on the Review page.
30. Click Next on the Apply page.
31. Click Finish on the Summary page.
32. Ensure the new Off-Host Backup proxy server is added.
I hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com