You can configure Microsoft 365 non-MFA account for notification settings if you want Veeam Backup & Replication to send email notifications about backup job results.
1. Sign in Microsoft 365 portal with a Global Admin account and select Admin.
2. On the Microsoft 365 admin center, expand Users and select Active users.
3. On the Active users page, click Veeam service account (in my case, VEEAM).
4. On the account page, select License and apps.
5. On the License and apps page, click Add license.
6. On the Microsoft 365 license page, enable Assign license to the account and click Save changes.
7. Click Back <–.
8. On the account page, select Mail. It would be preferable to wait a few minutes before preparing a mailbox for the user.
9. On the Mail page, select Manage email apps.
10. On the Manage email apps, select Authenticated SMTP and click Save changes.
11. Login to the Veeam Backup and replication manager server.
12. Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console and click Connect.
13. Select General Options from the main menu.
14. On the Options page, select Email Settings.
15. Select Enable e-mail notification (recommend) on the Email Settings page.
16. In the SMTP server field, enter smtp.office365.com, and click Advanced.
17. On the Advanced SMTP options page, enter 587 in the Port field.
18. Use 100000 milliseconds as the Timeout.
19. Select Connect using SSL.
20. Select This SMTP server requires authentication.
21. Click Add to add a credential as Log on as account.
22. The SMTP server requires authentication. Type the office 365 service account (VEEAM@carysun.com in my case) as Username, enter the account password, and click OK.
23. On the Advanced SMTP options page, click OK.
24. In the From field, enter an email address you want to use as a sender.
25. In the To field, enter an email address of a notification recipient. To specify multiple email addresses, use a semicolon.
26. Click Test Message.
27. Ensure the test email was successfully sent to recipients and click OK.
28. On the Email Settings page, System notifications are sent by default whenever a backup job session ends with the following states: Success, Warning, or Failure. Keep the default settings and click OK.
I hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com