How to Fix Prepare AD Schema Error at Installing the Exchange 2016 Cumulative Update 23
Today, I helped a client migrate Exchange from 2010 to 2019. As you know, Exchange 2010 can’t migrate to 2019 directly. You need to migrate Exchange from 2010 to 2016 and then 2019.
When I tried to prepare the AD schema for installing Exchange 2016 CU23, and it happened the error message is below.
“One or more servers in the existing organization are running Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003”.
The error is because they were not uninstalled Exchange 2000 or 2003 completed. Let’s fix it.
1. Log in to the DC server.
2. Run adsiedit.msc.
3. Right-click ADSI Edit on the ADSI Edit page and select Connect to.
4. On the Connection page, select the Select a well known Naming Context as connection Point.
5. Select Configuration from the drop-down list and click OK.
6. On the ADSI Edit page, expand the Configuration to find the production Exchange Administrative Group.
7. Right-click Exchange Administrative Group, select New and click Object.
8. Select msExchPublicFolderTreeContainer on the Create Object and click Next.
9. Type Folder Hierarchies in the Value field and click Next.
10. Click Finish on the Create Object page.
11. On the ADSI Edit page, expand the Configuration to find the old Exchange Administrative Group.
12. Expand the old Exchange Administrative group and select CN=Folder Hierarchies.
13. Right-click the Public Folders object and select Move.
14. Select the new CN=Folder Hierarchies container on the Container to move object to page and click OK.
15. Right-click the old CN=Folder Hierarchies and select Delete.
16. Click Yes on the delete this object confirm warning message.
17. Click Yes to delete this container and everything confirms the warning message.
18. Right-click the old CN=Servers and select Delete.
19. Click Yes on the delete this object confirm warning message.
20. Run Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms_DiagnosticDataON /PrepareSchema again.
I hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com
Amazon Author: https://Amazon.com/author/carysun